Choose Well Campaign
Your NHS and what it costs:
- Calling an Ambulance – £247.00
- Stepping into A&E – £124.00
- Stepping into a GP Surgery – £32.00
- A call to NHS 111 – £16.00
- A click on the NHS Choices Website – £0.46
If you are unwell there are a variety of services available in Leeds other than your GP or A&E. Below is a list of options available to you in Leeds as advised by Leeds West Clinical Commissioning Group:
The options are:
- NHS 111 – for unexpected or worsening health conditions, inlcuding dental care, call 111. NHS 111 is free to call and is available any time of day or night.
- Self-care — many minor illnesses can be treated at home with medications and plenty of rest. For more information on self- care please visit www.nhs.uk. If you are unsure if your minor illness is safe for self-care, please contact NHS 111.
- Pharmacist — Pharmacies offer advice on common illnesses and the most suitable treatments. Most pharmacies now offer private areas, or consulting rooms for one to one advice. Check with your local pharmacy for the options available to you.
- Family doctor (GP) — for medical advice, examinations and prescriptions for illnesses you just can’t shake off.
- NHS Walk-in Centre — for treatment of minor illnesses or injuries, without an appointment
- A&E or 999 — for critical or life-threatening situations